What’s the difference between a good and mediocre accountant?
Posted on 29th Apr 2022
Choosing an accountant is an important decision all business owners have to make.
But do you know what to look for to differentiate the good accountants from the mediocre ones?
In this video Kim explains the differences between the two!
If you’d like to have a chat to see how we could help you then call us on 0161 410 0020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you thinking about changing accountants and want some more information?
Check out our other video to find out what you should look out for when choosing an accountant by clicking here…
Have you ever asked yourself what’s the difference between a traditional accountant and a great one that can help me grow my business and achieve success? Well In truth, there is a world of difference between a good accountant and a mediocre one and in this video we will explore why and what you might need to help you take your business to the next level.
I’m Kim from Krystal-Clear Accounting and I hear from new clients all the time that they did not know the difference a good accountant like us could make to their business. Sadly it is a case of you don’t know what you don’t know.
A good accountant will ensure that you have regular, good quality financial information, top-notch business advice, you are held accountable, and you get stuff done and grow the profitability of your business!!
They will make sure that things happen and you will feel confident that you are in good hands!: –
- You will receive regular monthly management accounts that show you how your business is doing.
- You will have regular meetings where you will discuss your progress towards your goals for that month, that quarter and that year.
- You will understand your important key financial statements
- Know what are the Key Performance indicators in your business so if something happens you know immediately and can take corrective action immediately
- They will speak to you with respect and in plain English
- They care about you and your business
- They help rather than hinder you
- They are approachable and contactable – they return your calls in a prompt manner
- They work for you rather than HMRC
- They are with you every step of the way supporting and helping even when the going gets tough as being a business owner can be a lonely place at times
- They won’t Nash their teeth at you and tell you off like a naughty school child
- They will know about the latest technology
- They won’t state the obvious and treat you as if you are stupid
- They will have gained their experience from working in a business rather than theoretical knowledge gained from their clients
- They won’t just tell you about the financial side of accounting, they will give you real business consultancy knowledge
- They’ll help you to measure the return on investment from your marketing spend
- Be able to analyse the profitability of your products or services and what happens if you adjust the price, sell more to existing customers, sell more often or sell additional services
- Will save you tax where it is legitimately possible
- Help you to implement good systems into your business which not only save you money but give you time back as well.
So, in truth a good accountant is not an overhead to be cut down to the barest minimum in terms of costs, but quite the contrary. A good accountant should be worth their weight in gold and effectively make you money.
Bet you didn’t realise an accountant could be that commercial or offer you so much. Well sadly most can’t or don’t but then they are not pro-active and the right accountant if you want to be successful in business in the twenty first century with all the challenges that running a business brings.
If you’d like to have a chat over a coffee (Virtually or face to face) and to see what is possible, all you need to do is call me or one of my team on 0161 410 0020 or email email@example.com
Hope that helped. Please subscribe to our youtube channel so you don’t miss any of the content we release. Feel free to hit like and share, thanks for watching.